A look at dried sweet pepper products: what is sweet pepper?
The pepper is one of the most popular vegetables in the world. It is a member of the Solanaceae family, which also includes tomatoes, potatoes and aubergines. Pepper is a species of pepper. Many chillies are pungent in flavour, but sweet pepper is not. Peppers are at the very bottom of the Scoville scale with an SHU of 0, meaning they are not spicy.
Peppers have a long history. Peppers were introduced to Europe by Spanish explorers in the 16th century, and they soon became a staple of European cuisine. Today, peppers are grown all over the world and are a popular ingredient in many dishes.
What can you do with peppers?
The sweet pepper is a versatile vegetable that can be used in many different dishes.
- It can be eaten raw, cooked, dried, roasted or pickled. Smoked paprika powder (smoked paprika powder) has a smoky flavour that goes with many dishes.
- Peppers can be used to add flavour to soups, stews, sauces and salads.
- They can also be used as a garnish or added to a dish for colour. Paprika is hugely popular as a flavour in crisps.
- It is also used in Hungarian, Spanish and Indian cuisine.
Is sweet paprika healthy?
Sweet paprika is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fibre and potassium. It is low in calories and fat, and contains no cholesterol.
At Naturaplaza, of course, you can only buy organic paprika. And that's healthy too!
What does paprika taste like?
Paprika powder is made from dried peppers ground into a fine powder. The type of pepper used to make paprika determines the flavour of the powder.
If paprika tastes sweet, it is made from sweet peppers and has a milder flavour than hot paprika. Spicy paprika is made from hot peppers and has a fiery flavour.
As a seasoning, paprika imparts a peppery flavour to food that has been described as earthy, smoky and slightly fruity.
Other forms of paprika offered by Naturaplaza:
Besides organic paprika powder, we offer other paprika products that are a godsend in various dishes.
- For instance, we sell sweet pepper flakes, which can be easily stored and taken with you (on holiday), making them an excellent substitute for fresh sweet pepper pieces.
- And of the flakes, there is also a slightly finer variant. Sweet pepper granules.
Both types are coarser than sweet pepper powder, but on the other hand, they also retain their flavour longer.